JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

security lock screen questions

(Topic created: 08-27-2020 12:16 PM)
Boros
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I had 2 questions. First one is why is it that when I have the fingerprint used to unlock my phone, I can still tap the power button and it unlocks the phone. Seems like it's pointless to have the biometric if you can still easily unlock the phone. 

Second question is if there is a way to add like emergency medical info to have on the lock screen just in case something happens. 
0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Boros wrote:
I had 2 questions. First one is why is it that when I have the fingerprint used to unlock my phone, I can still tap the power button and it unlocks the phone. Seems like it's pointless to have the biometric if you can still easily unlock the phone. 

Do you have Settings -> Lock screen -> Secure lock settings -> "Lock instantly with Side key" enabled? Be aware that if Smart Lock is enabled, the phone will stay unlocked. 

Second question is if there is a way to add like emergency medical info to have on the lock screen just in case something happens. 

Go to Settings -> Lock screen -> Contact information to have information always on the lock screen. 

Also, open the Contacts app. Click your picture in the top part of the screen. Scroll down and you will find an area for "Medical info" and "Emergency contacts".