cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

text messages

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a galaxy s7. since the latest update or 2, I can no longer add  a specific text message ringtone to a contact. Now when i receive a text message, the ringtone is the same for any one texting me.  Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: text messages

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @user1GOulKyvCY

Let's try something.

1. Go over to Contacts.
  2. Click on one of the contacts that you want to have a special ringtone or text message sound.
  3. Select Details.
  4. Select Edit up in the top corner of the Contact details.
  5. Toward the bottom, but before Scan Business Card, select View More.
  6. You should see Ringtone as well as Message Tone. Clicking on those will give you the option to change those sounds and can be done individually for each contact.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @user1GOulKyvCY

Let's try something.

1. Go over to Contacts.
  2. Click on one of the contacts that you want to have a special ringtone or text message sound.
  3. Select Details.
  4. Select Edit up in the top corner of the Contact details.
  5. Toward the bottom, but before Scan Business Card, select View More.
  6. You should see Ringtone as well as Message Tone. Clicking on those will give you the option to change those sounds and can be done individually for each contact.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This did not work as all of my contacts are under Outlook. I had to switch my contacts  to Gmail in order for this to work. I don't know why with the latest install that it would no longer accept my "outlook". Very disappointed. Thank you for responding back.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

With the latest update, they took away messaging ....  ring tone is there but not messaging.  This is VERY frustrating.  You can go to a bestbuy and do a flashback i think is what i was told.  To go back to the older software version.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You use ringtone as message tone

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user1GOulKyvCY wrote:

I have a galaxy s7. since the latest update or 2, I can no longer add  a specific text message ringtone to a contact. Now when i receive a text message, the ringtone is the same for any one texting me.  Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

try this download   https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/samsung-messages/samsung-messages-4-4-30-5-...

i got my seperate sounds  get yours   REMEMBER only that  file there no newer file apk

thats the file. why wait.  IF YOU LIKE IT AND IT WORKS kudo me please  DONT WASTE TIME picking any other like 5.0 version/it wont work right.

4.4.30.5 only works no other