Original topic:

text notification sounds

(Topic created on: 11/28/20 2:35 AM)
userpy9eM9v4MN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Is it possible for my phone to notify with a notification sound when a text has been sent to me from the contact who text thread I am currently in.  When I am the text thread for my mom and I read her text but didn't exit out of the thread. I noticed when she sends me another text I get no notification sound or alert. I would like to change this setting if possible but can't figure out how to do so. Please help 
2 Replies
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I believe if you're still in the message thread, the phones see that as you can see the new text. If your message app doesn't allow granular notification settings, see if phone general notification will work.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
settings, notifications, messages, category new messages, make sure it's on and style has sound. then... current conversation, top right info, notifications (default), select custom, select sound, back to conversation, info, btm right, bell, select so it's on. lastly, settings, sound, turn on vibration for all phone and messaging so it'll at least vibrate in conversation for new recieved texts.
0 Likes