cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

upgrade Galaxy 6s to version 10

Seems Samsung or Verizon stopped upgrading the Galaxy 6 in 2018. I'm running  Android version 7. I need version 10 for a Hunter fan app to work with Google Assistant.  Is there a y way for me to download version 10 and run it on my Galaxy S6 Edge?
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: upgrade Galaxy 6s to version 10

I believe that each phone gets only 2 major updates.
Constellation

Re: Re: upgrade Galaxy 6s to version 10

Thank you. I hoped this wasn't the case. I think that's a bad policy, on Samsung's part, for a product I paid so much for - forced obsolescence.
Highlighted
Supernova

@user3sPP6YtJck The Galaxy S6 Edge is updateable to Android 7.0 but won't receive further updates past that. You may need to consider a newer device for using that app.

https://www.androidcentral.com/galaxy-s6-s6-edge-no-more-updates

--

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Supernova

@user3sPP6YtJck 

This reply help you out or solve your issue?

Let us know by accepting it as the solution. This lets others find that solution easily as well and is really appreciated.

1. Login to the Samsung Members app or site
  2.  Open the thread you posted.
  3. Click or tap "Accept as a solution"

To accept a post as a solution:

• On the web you can click "Accept as solution".
  • In the Samsung Members app find the post that helped, and tap the three vertical dots next to it, then tap "Accept as solution".

Your issue not resolved? Reply back with more info or the troubleshooting you've done so we can better assist.

Note: Notification emails do not accept replies. Login to the community to respond to this thread.