JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

user/system data missing?

(Topic created on: 11/1/20 8:32 AM)
LittleOne1025
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
  So in my device care it says System/User data: 31.1 GB (out of my 32GB used)
 However when I am now looking at my user data it's showing only about 13GB used for Docs, Images, Audio, Vids, Apps..
My BF has recently been sneaking into my phone & stealing accounts, info, pics etc...
 My question is this, is it possible for system data to make up for the other 18 GB missing? ? That i can not see or access? OR is it more likely he has hidden that much of my files???

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
18GB would make sense sanctioned off for your System Data which would house your Internal Apps and Files and all (Bloatware) on your device. This is non removable. Thus the reason you here of people Rooting their phone to remove the "Bloatware" and gaining back a ton of internal memory. I would definitely recommend putting a secure lock on your device and/or Upgrading Your Boyfriend to a Better Quality one. I dont think Samsung offers this type of Upgrade but if hes still under warranty you might consider switching Carriers. One with Better Benefits and less Privacy Issues.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
18GB would make sense sanctioned off for your System Data which would house your Internal Apps and Files and all (Bloatware) on your device. This is non removable. Thus the reason you here of people Rooting their phone to remove the "Bloatware" and gaining back a ton of internal memory. I would definitely recommend putting a secure lock on your device and/or Upgrading Your Boyfriend to a Better Quality one. I dont think Samsung offers this type of Upgrade but if hes still under warranty you might consider switching Carriers. One with Better Benefits and less Privacy Issues.

View solution in context

LittleOne1025
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
@SHADOWGATE I can not thank you enough for the solicited advice, as I think this is the best recommendation I have received thus far. I was able to track down 9 Gigs worth of system data so that accounts for half. Also, I have already put several secure locks on my phone (although I really have nothing to hide). However, my current version of BF is a tech wiz & as such does have the ability to remote access my devices. Sometimes these older versions have secrets/or hardwired defaults of their own and therefore believe others must as well. I think I will look into the upgrade! I hear it is easier to navigate and since I have no legal bindings tying me to the current, problematic version, it would be in my best interest to look elsewhere. Samsung should really get up to date on offering a wider variety of such necessities. Until then, wish me luck! Thank you for yur assistance :)
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The Future Holds Great Possibilities Happy Shopping