JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

why did oxygen saturation got removed from samsung health?

(Topic created: 06-27-2019 06:26 AM)
user46397h0rZd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I do suffer from a lethal lung disease

why did the oxygen saturation got removed from samsung health?
it was very useful for me,

because I could monitor the oxygen saturation of my blood
over long periods but with the new update of samsung health it's impossible anymore

please bring it back

userv5KJ86Vy0s
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Geez and thank you. With Covid-19 fears what appears to be missing or removed brought me to a search to restore the oxygen saturation function to my Galaxy Note 9. Your observation that Samsung just moved it to the Stress measure was accurate and a relief. Your post is the solution.

Hey Samsung: You know you have to make this readout easier to find and restore as a stand alone again within your Health app.

0 Likes
user4upfLUosIC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thats because note 10+ doesnt have the sensor. Wirhout the hardware u can install any version u want it wont matter

go get a galaxy 10 and any older galaxys and youll have it back

user59OCxa6qR9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for this! It worked and it's awesome. Note to those who are saying it doesn't work, you HAVE to uninstall the current version first! You will also have to change a setting to allow downloads through your browser (chrome or whatever you're using). Once you download be sure to disable updates, like op said. If O2 is still not showing up it may just be hidden in the app itself because it only allows so many things to be displayed on the app home screen. You can change what is displayed by hitting "manage items" at the bottom.... And yes it's stupid to have to do this but that's Samsung's fault, in the meantime, until they get their sh*t together, this is a good solution! 

0 Likes
ShadowArtist201
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can only find Oxygen Saturation when measuring Stress (when it measures stress, heartrate, and oxygen saturation). I guess the only way to use it now is to measure stress.

user1396AYQ9CA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same thing happened to me.

Suggested work around short term fix only. This function needs to be restored Asap. All previous history not available after update. Very disappointed.

@user46397h0rZd wrote:

userOqBYKorPqw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I used to show people how my Samsung phone was so different than other phones. Now it’s not. Without the O2 sensor, it’s a Pixel. 

userkIZCQM2uyh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

They took away a perfectly good service and put floors in its place. I go up and down stairs all day and it will see 1 floor if that. 

userHnOgAjFPlt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Agree.  The floor count is rubbish.  I often walk up a local hill 150m (500ft) high and it can show as few as 10 floors, but sometimes up to 30!  

user98JN4fIWv6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have tried it but doesn't work

0 Likes
WarpedTrekker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I used SpO2 monitoring too. The stress test takes too long compared to using it by itself. 

How do we contact Samsung to restore this function and why did they not notify users they were taking it away? 

They don't notify when making changes. One more reason I may switch to Apple.