Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cindye27
Asteroid

why does it look like my samsung galaxy s6 phone has not updated

JUMP TO SOLUTION

july 27, 2016

the attached image is the information that shows in the "about device" of my samsung galaxy s6.

on the at&t website, looking at the previous updates for the phone. my phone's udate information matches that of an update from september of 2015. i purchased this phone in december of 2015. i did not notice this information in my "about device" until the marshmallow update started to roll out in may of this year.

im honestly confused as to why my phone is like this. on the website for the information for the update it says "in order to receive the software update released on July 19, 2016, you must be on current software version ending in PF1. If not, repeat the update process below until PF1 is installed and you should be able to then install the above software update." every day since the marshmallow update rolled out in may, i checked for a software update every day to every other day, and it always says that my phone is update.

how am i suppose to update my phone? is there something wrong with my phone? i tried factory resetting it back in june, but that did nothing.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: why does it look like my samsung galaxy s6 phone has not updated

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, cindye27. We would like to recommend that you back up your information on the Smart Switch PC application and then go to a local Best Buy with a Samsung Experience Shop. Here they will be able to update your device using their in store system. This is a free of charge service and can be performed with you there. 

5 REPLIES 5
karv0798
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You need to go to settings and go to "system update" and press "update now" if doesnt work call your mobile carrier to help you, but remember if your phone are non factory unlocked or rooted you cant update your phone, i hope this helped you.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, @cindye27. We want to thank you for joining our Samsung Community and are glad to see you reaching out to your fellow members for assistance. Before any major backup we recommend backing up your information. We do recommend using our Smart Switch PC application for backing up your device and to attempt any updates to your device, depending on the model number of your device as stated by Karv0798, devices not used on the original carrier network may not receive updates as specific updates are released to each device over their own carrier network. If you are not using this device on the original carrier network, you may attempt to temporarily place an AT&T sim card in your device to allow your device to update. But as you are so many updates behind, this may take some time. 

cindye27
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my phone isnt unlocked or rooted. my phone has an at&t sim card. i download smart switch pc and when my phone is plugged in, it doesnt show an update option.up

cindye27
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my phone isnt unlocked or rooted. it still stays that my system is up to date when i click "software update" in the "about device" section. i'll probably try calling my mobile carrier. but i feel like they might tell me the same thing i was told when i went into the at&t store which was to factory reset my phone.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, cindye27. We would like to recommend that you back up your information on the Smart Switch PC application and then go to a local Best Buy with a Samsung Experience Shop. Here they will be able to update your device using their in store system. This is a free of charge service and can be performed with you there.