JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wifi calling on my s8 plus not working. Any ideas.

(Topic created: 08-14-2020 08:16 AM)
userPQdx738WeV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Wifi calling is set and airplane mode set.    Response on phone is to set airplane mode off to make call.  Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JohnLoose
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userPQdx738WeV 

Hope you are doing well, my friend!

Sorry to hear about this issue with Wi-Fi calling. Couple of items for you:

• Verify WiFi Calling is turned ON in your device's Settings menu.
  • Verify your device is up to date with the latest software and carrier settings. Learn more.
  • If you've recently enabled WiFi Calling, restart your device.
  • If the error persists, turn WiFi Calling off, and then on again. 
  • Verify you have a strong WiFi connection or try connecting to a different WiFi network. Not all Wi-Fi networks work with Wi-Fi Calling.
  • Your phone will prioritize a cellular network connection over WiFi when the connection is strong enough to make and receive calls. To prevent using a cellular network, enable Airplane Mode and WiFi.
  • Reset your Network Settings.
  • Verify you've set up an emergency address. Learn how to set up your address from your device.

Some routine troubleshooting may also help!

If one of these steps above help, let us know here and select this post as the solution.

--

Please click " ✓ Accept as Solution" if this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. Click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

Notification emails do not accept replies. Login to the community to respond to this thread.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
JohnLoose
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userPQdx738WeV 

Hope you are doing well, my friend!

Sorry to hear about this issue with Wi-Fi calling. Couple of items for you:

• Verify WiFi Calling is turned ON in your device's Settings menu.
  • Verify your device is up to date with the latest software and carrier settings. Learn more.
  • If you've recently enabled WiFi Calling, restart your device.
  • If the error persists, turn WiFi Calling off, and then on again. 
  • Verify you have a strong WiFi connection or try connecting to a different WiFi network. Not all Wi-Fi networks work with Wi-Fi Calling.
  • Your phone will prioritize a cellular network connection over WiFi when the connection is strong enough to make and receive calls. To prevent using a cellular network, enable Airplane Mode and WiFi.
  • Reset your Network Settings.
  • Verify you've set up an emergency address. Learn how to set up your address from your device.

Some routine troubleshooting may also help!

If one of these steps above help, let us know here and select this post as the solution.

--

Please click " ✓ Accept as Solution" if this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. Click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

Notification emails do not accept replies. Login to the community to respond to this thread.