cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

So the other day for the first time my S10+ switched to 5G here in Phoenix! It was pretty weird seeing 5G at the top of my phone. But when it switched back top 4G LTE I had to restart my phone. Has anyone else had to do this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Some carriers are using what some people are calling 5Ge it shows the cell towers have been updated to us 5G the phone is still using 4g since the s10+ doesn't have 5G 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Some carriers are using what some people are calling 5Ge it shows the cell towers have been updated to us 5G the phone is still using 4g since the s10+ doesn't have 5G 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'd also like to note that if you have AT&T you may see something called "5Ge" on your device, which is not actually 5G it's simply a faster version of 4G

The Galaxy S10+ also is not compatible with actual 5G signals.