Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Fatherhood
Asteroid

AOD stuck in landscape mode

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried turning orientation on and off with no effect. The lock screen is in portrait mode. Orientation does work correctly in other applications. This just started occuring last night, I've made no changes to the phone recently. Is there a setting I'm missing? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
devind407
Constellation

Re: AOD stuck in landscape mode

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the AOD on the edge of the screen only? If so, the fix is to go to the AOD settings, and change the AOD to the one you want, otherwise I really don't know what to do.

17 REPLIES 17
devind407
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the AOD on the edge of the screen only? If so, the fix is to go to the AOD settings, and change the AOD to the one you want, otherwise I really don't know what to do.

Fatherhood
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not sure what you mean by on the edge only. The clock and face widges  are in the center of the screen only in landscape orientation. There is not a setting, that i can find at least,  for orientation of the AOD.

Fatherhood
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks , I didn't scroll down far enough to get to the settings mode. I wonder how it got changed in the first place.

Truthspeakzz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If not only on the side (where the edge is), make sure your screen orientation is correct. That could be affecting the outlook.

Fatherhood
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for help, but are we talking about the same thing? AOD = Always On Display. This is the first lock screen that comes up briefly when you tap the screen once. Tap it again the lock screen comes up. The first one is stuck on landscape mode the second one is in portrait mode.

userVIXiVoHE93
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try this... 

1. In AOD mode, touch the picture. 

2. This should bring up two options, the first is orientation setting for the AOD and the second, brightness setting for the AOD.

3. Touching the orientation setting should turn the AOD from landscape to potrait and vice versa. 

Let me know if that works. 

userixzyuzUc9N
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the solution. The landscape mode was driving me nuts. 

userg2lSbAs7oz
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here. But there are no pictures in AOD mode ? Also no orientation settings. . .

I have no idea where to go to fix this. I have no idea how this happened. I did not change any settings lately. 

@userVIXiVoHE93 wrote:

Try this... 

1. In AOD mode, touch the picture. 

2. This should bring up two options, the first is orientation setting for the AOD and the second, brightness setting for the AOD.

3. Touching the orientation setting should turn the AOD from landscape to potrait and vice versa. 

Let me know if that works. 

The_RyRy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Double tap the time on the AOD screen, let's you change orientation and brightness.