JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Notes used to work on Windows, now only works with Samsung branded PC's

(Topic created: 09-03-2023 09:14 AM)
P-RAD
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Went to go use Samsung Notes on my Windows Laptop only be told that the program that literally worked forever on my machine, is now only working with Samsung branded PC's. 

This is just bad business. Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to be fired.

Is this the beginning of the end for Samsung? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello, welcome to the Samsung Community. I understand your frustrations with wanting to view your Samsung Notes on your Windows computer and I will be more than happy to take a look into this with you.

If your Samsung Notes app is full of important folders, notes, and tasks, you can make sure they'll never get lost by using Microsoft OneNote. This service allows you to sync your notes across all of your devices, so you can view them from Microsoft Office on a PC. You’ll just need to make sure you’re signed in to your Microsoft account on your Galaxy Phone or tablet. 

Note: You can sync the Reminder app with Microsoft To Do as well, if you’d like to view both your notes and reminders using Office. Syncing the Reminder app with Microsoft To Do is available on devices running One UI 2.5 and later.

Note: If your Galaxy Phone or tablet has Samsung Cloud, you may be required to turn it on before enabling OneNote sync.

Open Samsung Notes

Tap Menu (the three horizontal lines)

Tap Settings 

Tap Sync to Microsoft OneNote 

Tap Get Started 

You will be prompted to login to your Microsoft Account 

Select the Folders that you would like to sync (Folders that are synced will have a OneNote icon next to them)

Tap back and make sure that sync is enabled by tapping the switch at the top

Sync now: Allows you to sync your folders manually.

Folders to sync: You can select the individual folder or folders to sync.

Sync using: Choose to sync using Wi-Fi only or Wi-Fi and mobile data.

Sync while roaming: Sync your content while data roaming

Sign out: If needed, you can sign out of your Microsoft account.

On your PC, sign in to your Microsoft account in Outlook. Then, select the OneNote feed icon in the top right corner to view your synced notes.
Note: You cannot edit or remove notes from Samsung Notes using the OneNote feed. To edit your notes, you will need to use the Samsung Notes app.

Here is a link to a guide if you would like to sync your Samsung Notes to your Samsung Galaxy Book:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00066241/

View solution in context

10 Replies
Aldengraham
Cosmic Ray
Options
Go to samsung cloud website and log in with your samsung account
oo78s
Constellation
Options

When i run the app in windows message appear say THIS APP ONLY WORK IN GALAXY BOOK.

oo78s
Constellation
Options

Did you solve the problem?

0 Likes
Options
Try this and let me know if it works: https://www.lifewire.com/access-samsung-notes-on-pc-6385837
0 Likes
oo78s
Constellation
Options

I'm already install it , but i cant open it

0 Likes
oo78s
Constellation
Options

i fix it but  lost my notes, first Uninstall and reinstall from here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QBuF1H5ZQsHh6BA07Jx9TnK99BsTXwjG/view

NemoN
Astronaut
Options
I don't make pc decisions based on software. If this is the direction samsung is going them I agree that it may be the beginning of the end for me. Maybe give us a one time purchase version. Or I guess its alternative time
m3habeeb
Constellation
Options

I use to use Samsung Notes on my Notebook for long time. Suddenly i get the massage that it wirks only on samsung book.
I this new policy from Samsung. I am using notes for years on my Samsung mobiles and tablets.
Is there any workaroud, i need it allot on my PC.

Samsung_yYSBcdV
Constellation
Options

I upgraded my wife's laptop and cloned her Lenovo SSD. I'm getting this message while using a Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360. How do I fix this Samsung?