cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidental touch protection not working Galaxy S10e

I have the Accidental touch protection setting turned on for my Galaxy S10e but when the phone is in my pocket, it is constantly dialing random numbers and doing stuff in my pocket.  This needs to be fixed asap, this is clearly not working, it's extremely annoying.

Model:  SM-G970U1

Baseband:  G970U1UEU1ASBA

Android Version:  9

Phone service provider:  AT&T

22 REPLIES 22
Samsung_oTUoWWN
Astronaut

Re: Accidental touch protection not working Galaxy S10e

I'm having the same problem with my S10.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Samsung_oTUoWWN Have you tried going into your settings and adjusting your touch sensitivity? 

userV2ykAId0yZ
Astronaut

Need touch sensitivity on when you have a screen protector on or else the screen doesn't respond half the time. 

@userV2ykAId0yZ wrote:

Need touch sensitivity on when you have a screen protector on or else the screen doesn't respond half the time. 

This is off topic, but they do have an increase screen sensitivity in settings for when you have a screen protector on and it helps with mine.

It's like when the screen is off, it's not pinging the proximity sensor at all.  This might be related as to why the always on display isn't turning off when face down or in a pocket either.  Hopefully this is fixed in an update soon.   Just as an update, I am now running baseband version G970U1UEU1ASD3 and still experiencing this issue.

Highlighted

I have confirmed on the April update with Baseband G970U1UEU1ASD8, this is still not fixed.  My phone is constantly doing stuff in my pocket, calling, messaging, messing up settings, it's extremely annoying.  Samsung fix this!

userLINMuCHI0I
Constellation

Same thing here, fix it please

userQBkTNTEnCz
Constellation

Yeah it's literally ridiculous...so over these kinds of "glitches".  My S10 posted on LinkedIn the other day...total gibberish but also freaking attached an article...about HEROIN USE while in my POCKET!!!  🤬. It was up for 4 days before a friend noticed and texted me.  I always make sure the screen is off before putting it in my  know pocket.  I'm sure people reading this will probably the have their opinions but I have never researched heroin on my phone or anywhere.  It also has randomly written people through apps that weren't even open in the background and calls people and video chats them as well.  

So yeah, Samsung, what's the compensation for public defamation and most likely costing me any chance of getting a job anytime soon?  You need to fix this.  You also should at least pay people back the ludicrous price most of us are still paying through device plans for glitches that would only be "acceptable" about 10+yrs ago.

Lizhewson
Cosmic Ray

Same here, on a brand new s10, it somehow texted my frien...

Same here, on a brand new s10, it somehow texted my friend a photo of the inside of my pocket. I hadn't even been in the texting app when I put it in my pocket. Addicental touch protection is definitely activated.