The only work around that I've found for those who carry the phone in their pockets, is to place the phone in your pocket with the screen facing away from your leg. I also turned off the increased touch sensitivity setting (which I had enabled earlier). These changes have stopped my S10 from waking up in my pocket.
This is still not fixed on the May 2019 update, G970U1UES1ASDB. Still doing things in my pocket unless I face the screen away from my leg. The accidental touch protection is supposed to use the proximity sensor to disable the touch when it's in your pocket or bag, and it is not doing so.
Have you tried backing up and then wiping the cache partition of your device?
1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
So my accidental touch is on so it does press things or make calls when I'm at school/ when it's in my pocket. But my phone has a password and everything and still my phone turns on without me taking it out of my pocket and I keep getting my phone taken away in school because it kept going off. Even when I completely shut it off. It some how puts my password in and completely turns on and goes into snapchat or randomly starts calling/texting someone. Does anyone know how to fix it? I have the samsung s10e by the way.
Thank you for reaching out. We currently have this issue escalated to our support specialist. At this time there is not a fix for this. Stayed tuned to the page and we will post publicly when one becomes available. At this time all we can recommend is not leaving your phone in your pocket while at school.
My galaxy s10+ literally answers calls while in my pocket. I never know there's a call until I hear the person continuously saying hello!Is this phone THAT sensitive to where it answers calls without me answering myself???I'm annoyed by this!😡
It probably has something to do with your app shortcuts. Go to settings and tap "lock screen". Scroll all the way down and you'll see an option that says "app shortcuts". There, you should be able to remove or change the call icon to something else so your phone doesn't open the call app and accidentally proceed with a phone call.
Hope this helps.