cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Active 2 watch will not pair with S10e

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently purchased a galaxy active 2, and the watch hasn't been able to pair with my s10e. The watch does pass the key validation for basic bluetooth authentication,  and i can see it paired in the bluetooth menu, however the galaxy wear app is stuck trying to pair. The other odd issue is as soon as the watch is paired over bluetooth, and the wearble app starts its finilaization of pairing(not sure what the five dots from watch to phone mean), I immediately see a popup notification outisde the wear app, probably bluetooth,  that the galaxy watch active 2 has disconnected. I also have a Galaxy S9 and the watch pairs juat fine, so i am pretty sure this is an issue with my S10e. Please help, i have spent about three hours with support, and the final outcome was to return the watch. I really like the active 2 and would like to be able to us it.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Active 2 watch will not pair with S10e

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Doing more searching about general issues with Android 10 and Galaxy watch, i found this solution and it worked, thank goodness. I removed all applications in the following post and things worked. Thanks everyone. Samsung support, please add this to your list of possible  solutions to provide your customers.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Galaxy-Wearable-App-crash-Android-10/m-p/819067#M13...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you deleted the wearables app and reinstalled it? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep. Here is the list of things I have gone through with support.

1. Watch: Reset recovery Active 2 watch

2. S10e: Clear cache of wearable

3. S10e: reinstall wear app

4. S10e : Clear cache partition

5. S10e: reset network settings

6. S10e: reinstall active2 plugin

7. S10e: checked power/background settings of wear app and active 2 plugin.

8. Check for app updates.

9. S10e: reboot phone.

All these steps have been tried in different order depending on what the operation was, i.e. reboot phone after uninstalling wear app, etc.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the S9 that you connected the watch with using Android 10?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good idea.. Nope. It is Android 9. So sounds like it's an issue with Android 10?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It could be since most apps and features are still being updated to be fully compatible with Android 10. 

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Doing more searching about general issues with Android 10 and Galaxy watch, i found this solution and it worked, thank goodness. I removed all applications in the following post and things worked. Thanks everyone. Samsung support, please add this to your list of possible  solutions to provide your customers.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Galaxy-Wearable-App-crash-Android-10/m-p/819067#M13...

View solution in original post