cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Ad pop ups

So starting yesterday evening, I have been getting these strange ads for like games and excercise and stuff but it is strange because it happens when I use applications that dont have ads, like I tried to open my notes to find something and it opens a new application that has is an ad and the app icon is just the notes app with a black circle around it. It has been doing this every single time I open an app or sometimes it happens multiple times while I'm using an app and also everytime I open the internet browser it takes me away from googl and to a search site titled 'bensen' and tries to get me to use bing to search but it's not the real bing. This is on my samsung galaxy s10e which I have only had for about a month. I downloaded an antivirus and scanned the device but it doesn't detect any problems and i blocked all pop ups in settings on google and everything yet it doesn't stop.

6 REPLIES 6
user4hrV2sZ5H6
Constellation

You downloaded an app and allowed it permission to "show...

You downloaded an app and allowed it permission to "show on top" and it's causing ad pop-ups randomly

Re: You downloaded an app and allowed it permission to "show...

@user4hrV2sZ5H6 any idea how I can find this app and make it stop because this is very annoying. Thanks for the help by the way.

Re: Ad pop ups

Think about what apps you recently downloaded, you didn't need to necessarily allow it to 'appear on top' because these pop up apps don't respect the android settings.

Go through your 'settings', 'device care', 'battery', then press 'battery usage' try to see any apps you do not recognize or don't use.

If you can't find the app that is causing it try going to 'settings' and 'apps' then go through all of your apps to see what you either don't recognize or don't use.

If you still can't find the app that is causing it you may have to factory reset your phone. If you have to go down this path ensure you are backing up your phone. Factory reset will delete everything on your phone and it is non-reversible. It will make it as if your phone is brand new and will make you go through the setup process again.

I also recommend that the only antivirus app you download is 'malwarebytes' from the google play store only. Everything else is just pure garbage.

Please post back with any updates.

@userdmhcHp7tQ8 I went through and deleted a bunch of apps that I do t use and a couple that i dont remember installing. Also, I went through mysettings and disabled appear on top for a couple apps that dont need it. I installed malwarebytes and ran a scan and the only problem it found was that I had turned on developer mode In order to Increase the window and animation speed. Since I have done all that, I have not had any pop ups but I think I will wait a little lo get to see if it actually worked then I will come back here in a couple days and update.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Samsung_PLgqTb5 Keep us posted on the status on this issue.

Awesome! I'm glad to hear it. Have you cleared your cache partition? Sometimes small extra bits of useless information can be left behind by deleted apps and you want to wipe it away by clearing your cache partition.

If you have already done it, then please keep us posted should you have anymore issues.