cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userHzF7ixfBvN
Asteroid

Ads from Samsung Internet browser

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had the S10 for about five months now. For the past few days, I've been getting random pop-up ads from the Samsung Internet Browser. I checked if these ads had to do with any of my recently downloaded apps but I haven't downloaded any new app in a few weeks. (I also have adblockers on Samsung Internet Browser installed). I even checked with the safe mode but I've noticed that these ads pop up around the same times: 10 am, 2 pm, 4 pm, and 7 pm. I also even used an anti-virus app but it said nothing was wrong. Does anyone know what is causing this? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
uservHNADN9Tn0
Astronaut

Re: Ads from Samsung Internet browser

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I saw another post that says the Peel Smart Remote app is causing the popups.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/Samsung-Internet-randomly-opens-resolved/td-p/78...

Hope this works for you... and me :-/

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

Have you tried system settings/apps/Samsung Internet/notifications and turn off News Notifications, Promotions, and Websites?

CLF 

userHzF7ixfBvN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried this but unfortunately, it didn't work since I got another ad around 7 pm.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know those ads can be annoying. Even though you may not have downloaded a new app, one of your apps may have gotten an update which introduced the ads.

While you were in safe mode did you still get ads? or was it after you exited safe mode?

userHzF7ixfBvN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

These ads only pop up two to three times a day so I don't want to keep my phone on safe mood most of the day. Also, I've noticed that some other people have been saying that these ads may be from a security update since they are also experiencing these issues.

uservVshjPVIJp
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same, annoying and intrusive problem. I have the Samsung ad blocker and have had to keep adding web URLs to it. Since when I add one, another one just pops up the next day from a different url. Samsung should just send out an employee to throw rocks through their customer's front windows if they want to annoy them even further. You can't uninstall Samsung's web browser even if you are using Chrome or some other web browser. I have tried turning off notifications for this app. But nothing seems to work. I may have to reconsider being a Samsung phone customer after this annoying and frustrating experience with my Galaxy S9.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userHzF7ixfBvN Have you tried going into your settings> google> opt out of ads ?

userHzF7ixfBvN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes but still nothing, at around 9am I got another ad from some exercise website in the Samsung Internet Browser 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userHzF7ixfBvN If the pop ups are not popping up in safe mode then you will have go through and uninstall each app till you find out which one is causing the pop ups.

userJaXAT4IvwQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've started having the same issue. It doesn't happen every time I open my phone, but it does happen several times a day. I unlock my phone and there is Samsung Internet with very strange ads. I've uninstalled a lot of stuff I don't use. I don't load any games on my phone and have removed those that came with the phone. I don't have any new apps since before the problem started so I suspect either Samsung or an updated. Samsung Internet isn't even my default browser, Chrome is. So something is explicitly opening a URL via Samsung Internet. I've also tried Malware Bytes which finds nothing.