cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Allowed devices option missing

I cannot find the allowed devices option to block certain devices from connections to my mobile hotspot. I saw online that the option should be there and this also affects the s9 since OneUI 1

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Allowed devices option missing

Change the password on your hotspot. A device will need the new password to join. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

He means the option to allow only certain devices to connect to hotspot through mac address. I'm missing it also since the latest update.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userRn1ifXAlpW wrote:

He means the option to allow only certain devices to connect to hotspot through mac address. I'm missing it also since the latest update.

Sure, I understand that. Doing that is extremely weak pseudo-"security" since any device which knows your password but not on the list can join your network. 

Highlighted
Constellation

If I understand you,  if you are not on the list of allowed devices, even if you have the password, you cannot connect to my device.

I miss this feature so bad, considering my house environment where I stay. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Constellation

same with Note 10+

Highlighted
Constellation

has this been resolved? any way we can make use of the Allowed Devices function again? or is there another way where we can limit the access to some devices only? please help! 

Highlighted
Astronaut

After a system update happened on my Note 10, this option went missing on my phone too.

I use this option often. I like to allow my kids to connect and then at times, I'll block them, and turn on the "Allowed Devices" feature so only I can connect.

Please add the feature back. Thank you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I was previously using OneUI 1.1 and had this feature on my phone. But last week when I updated to Android 10/OneUI 2.0, there is no option anywhere in the settings to restrict access to hotspot. Who though that removing features is the way forward for Samsung? Cheap Chinese phones have this option, its a major issue for my use case where I need to alter access permissions several times a day and password change is not a solution for me. BRING IT BACK!

Highlighted
Constellation

I had to make a fake samsung account to even leave a message.

This is why i keep looking to the pixl phone @!