Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Always internet may not be available

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear Samsung Community,

Yesterday night I started to notice that every wi-fi network I connect to will say there may be no internet available. However, when I open YouTube or Samsung Internet, it works just fine. I've tested this with 8 different networks from different providers since this happened. All report the same.

Another problem I noticed. The playstore tends to stop working. I wanted to download an app but the playstore just didn't load. The weirdest of all this actually is, as soon as I connect to  my PIA VPN, everything works again, yet the problem persists...

I have thouroughly searched my phone for any virusses or malware, but none of my scanners could find anything. Even my PC couldn't find anything. 

So now I need all of you guys, please help me fix this issue. I have the Galaxy S10 Exynos with the latest software update.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Always internet may not be available

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Right I managed to eventually fix this problem myself. So, here's what I've done:

I ran through all my internet settings and discovered that your private DNS settings need to be on automatic. 

For this, go to:

Settings Connections More Connection Settings Private DNS

And set Private DNS to automatic. I used to have it on PIA as it's my VPN provider, but for some reason it didn't work after a week of using it. 

Hope y'all can use this fix!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Right I managed to eventually fix this problem myself. So, here's what I've done:

I ran through all my internet settings and discovered that your private DNS settings need to be on automatic. 

For this, go to:

Settings Connections More Connection Settings Private DNS

And set Private DNS to automatic. I used to have it on PIA as it's my VPN provider, but for some reason it didn't work after a week of using it. 

Hope y'all can use this fix!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for this

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep