cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryansanders22
Cosmic Ray

Always on display partially cutoff

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just recently noticed my AOD stock clock has a horizontal line about halfway down. Nothing shows above the line. While the remainder of the aod shows below the line. This does not happen when I initially lock my screen. It's after the phone has been dorment.this recently started happening to my s10+ since the last update. Didn't happen prior to. 

I found a thread on reddit with others who have the same issue. Both s10 & s10+ Again prior to the most recent update it was fine.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Always on display partially cutoff

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here we have a solution, update your Always On Display by going to the Galaxy Store and press the menu button on the top right. Next, press "My Page" and then Update.

This update May also be on Google Play.Screenshot_20190723-225505_Galaxy Store.png

Enjoy!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
21 REPLIES 21
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Bryansanders22, I hope you are doing well.

Sorry to hear about yourbAOD acting up. Can you try the following:

• Navigate to Settings>Apps

• Find and press on Always On Display

• Press the Storage button

• Press the Clear Data button.

This will reset your AOD back to it's initial setup.

Also, are you using a theme on your device? If so, try reverting back to the stock theme and check your AOD. sometimes themes aren't updated and can cause these types of issues.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and I hope I was able to be of some help.

Take care!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Bryansanders22
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok I've done the suggestion. I will watch over the next couple days to see if it resolved the issue. & no I hate themes so I never use them always run stock on my devices.

Thanks

Bryansanders22
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked @Rydah ! I haven't had the issue since. Been almost 24 hours so I will say SOLVED

Bryansanders22
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thx

Bryansanders22
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Crazy that right after I accepted the solution it happened again smh. Strange part is it didn't do it until just now. I'll keep watching it

palka
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here, after the latest update (some 10 days ago).
Initially I thought it was my fault, having left the phone in the car under a very hot sun.

But at home, with air conditioning and all, the problem is still there.

userTbza9XFzQB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have been having that same problem....it's kind of annoying....

Highlighted
Samsung_oojZi3i
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem.  When the time moves around on the screen for I would assume screen saver purposes, some times the time is cut horizontally in half where part and sometimes almost all of the clock are not visible.  This just started recently, within the last several weeks.

gunthre12
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here, just got my S10+ a few weeks, been happening since I got it.  It's always a horizontal cutoff.  Sometimes it's part of the clock, sometimes the digits are blocked entirely.  And sometimes it just comes back on its own, without touching anything on the phone.  Very sporadic and bizarre.