cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxD4Wv4yZHZ
Asteroid

Always on display time incorrect

I have a S10 purchased in June of 2019.  I realized only a few weeks ago that the Always On time does not match up the the correct "phone" time, which is set to the network time.  I have not been able to figure out where I'm going wrong and a google search has provided no assistance. 

The weird thing is the amount the time is off changes... sometimes its only a few minutes, sometimes 40 minutes (which made me incredibly late one morning).  Has anybody found a way to sync the phone time to the always on display time?

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Always on display time incorrect

Do you experience the same symptoms if you change the clock style?

userxD4Wv4yZHZ
Asteroid

I havent tried that, but will tonight.  I only really need to charge once a day, and do so wirelessly on my nightstand.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Perfect. Please keep us posted and let us know if you need any further assistance.

userxD4Wv4yZHZ
Asteroid

I realized this morning that the issue isnt really with the Always on Time, but rather the clock that shows while my phone is docked and charging.  I only realized they were two separate screens when I noticed the clock style hadnt changed. 

Changing the clock style did not remidy my original issue.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

userxD4Wv4yZHZ
Asteroid

Thank you.  Yes, I did try to wipe the cache partition.  It  did not remedy the issue.

Currently the time is 11:59 and my charging/lock screen shows 11:54.  It seems to be off by more time the longer the phone is sitting idle.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you please send me a picture of your charging/lock screen?

useril1UZtogYp
Constellation

Same problem here with an s10e, always 2 min ahead of the real time, prevents me from using authenticator apps since they generate the wrong code.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there!

Have you guys checked your Automatic Timezone feature? Search Settings>Automatic TimeZone. 

Have you tried toggling it off and then back on and restarting the device to see if the symptom persist?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.