cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
DeRealBrian
Cosmic Ray

Android 10 Beta

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having participated in other Samsung beta programs this is by far hands down uncontested worse experience! Wow! After the wait one is saddled with the frustrations of not being able to register even tho it is right there on your screen. And ironically, most of those who got in wanna get out! 🀣 this is just some level...

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Android 10 Beta

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is what a beta is. A beta is not early access to software. You signed up to test a beta build which contains bugs that you are supposed to report. If you want to go back to pie you will need to deregister from the One UI app then download smart switch on your PC then connect your device. Once connected you should be able to downgrade to Android 9 pie

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Srojassg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any idea of how to get out of the beta and downgrade to the previous software version?

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is what a beta is. A beta is not early access to software. You signed up to test a beta build which contains bugs that you are supposed to report. If you want to go back to pie you will need to deregister from the One UI app then download smart switch on your PC then connect your device. Once connected you should be able to downgrade to Android 9 pie

View solution in original post

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SJohnson wrote:

I agree with @SJohnson People need to take beta seriously and understand it is a beta, not because the software is in beta state, but because reporting issues is the key here!  The beta is all about installing it, testing and let Samsung make the new Android 10 and OneUI 2.0 better for customers and on top of that it should be fun!

DeRealBrian
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree with you guy with respect to what beta is after all I am into software development. It's very clear indeed people saw this as early access. My major concern however is not about bugs but how the beta enrollment has been coordinated this time. This isn't my first Samsung beta program (I didn't get in this cos I'm stuck trying to do the Registration which keeps bring you back to the previous screen, tried all the work around, now I quit lol)

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@DeRealBrian wrote:

I agree with you guy with respect to what beta is after all I am into software development. It's very clear indeed people saw this as early access. My major concern however is not about bugs but how the beta enrollment has been coordinated this time. This isn't my first Samsung beta program (I didn't get in this cos I'm stuck trying to do the Registration which keeps bring you back to the previous screen, tried all the work around, now I quit lol)

Implementation of the beta registration/process isn't ideal and on top of that the Samsung Memebers app isn't reliable at all.  Samsung needs a dedicated website that can enroll devices with 100% clear instructions on how to opt in or out.

CptBlu
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would love to report my issues. Lol I have the beta and want to participate but it says my phone and my account are not registered yet I clicked register registered and then my phone updated

DeRealBrian
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Charkatak I totally agree! It used to be the beta program app. But in anyways I think we should start a petition for this. Would be great to the community really

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@DeRealBrian  Few hours ago after seeing that beta people report issues in the wrong spot, trying to reset devices without reporting issue...I sent a message to one of the moderators about making the process more simple, but no response yet.

Mikewfitz1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't had one problem yet