cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Android 10 UI 2 - Messaging Apps Close - Certain Screens Stay Light

Good Day,

I upgraded to Android 10 over the weekend and I wish I didn't. The issuses I am having are annoying. THe main issue is whenever I am typing in a message app, or basically using the keyboard, the apps will randomly close on me. I tried to disable gestures or reduce them, but the option to do that is grayed out. This is VERY annoying. I'm typing this on a laptop. LOL

Second issue is that my theme is a dark one downloaded from Samsung, since the update, certain screens are now only white, like the contacts screen and the camera options screen, that I have noticed. Is there anyway to fix this? I have already reapplied the theme to no avail.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Android 10 UI 2 - Messaging Apps Close - Certain Screens Stay Light

@Samsung_gPYb3up Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone? 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
Highlighted
Constellation

I think the issue has something to do with the gestures because it only happens when I type, and I don't have access to changing the gestures, it's grayed out.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Try testing your phone in Safe Mode. It sounds like you may have some 3rd party apps that are not compatible with Android 10. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.