cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Android 10 Update - Accent Colors

You will try one of the below given possible methods to fix accent color issues on your Samsung One UI 2.0 Android 10 devices.

1st Method: Phone updated with the latest system update

2nd Method: Disable developer mode and enable it again

3rd Method: Clear accent color cache if you have individual accent color error

If you can’t change accent color for a particular option, you’ll try to clear the cache of that accent color using apps settings.

Settings > Apps > See all apps > More > System apps > Select accent color > Storage > Clear cache

If none of the above-given methods worked for you, you need to wait for the next software update on your Android or Samsung One UI 2.0.

If you have the latest Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL devices, you can set an android 10 custom accent color, icon shape, and font style using style & wallpaper settings without developer mode.

App drawer > Display > Styles and wallpapers

Here you can set icons (Wi-Fi, Airplane mode, Bluetooth), specific font style, Choose a color from the list, change icon shape and enter style name you create.

Now above settings is available on Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL devices running Android 10 OS.

Highlighted
Constellation

I attempted the below and nothing changed. I was unable to even locate a system app with the name "Select accent color" or anything similar

1st Method: Phone updated with the latest system update

2nd Method: Disable developer mode and enable it again

3rd Method: Clear accent color cache if you have individual accent color error

If you can’t change accent color for a particular option, you’ll try to clear the cache of that accent color using apps settings.

Settings > Apps > See all apps > More > System apps > Select accent color > Storage > Clear cache

Highlighted
Asteroid

You CANNOT clear accent color cache, that option is not present in see all apps in system apps of a Note 9 with Android 10. Next time, please be clear as to what model phone and software YOU verified that to be on.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the Samsung Galaxy s9 and I am also having this issue. I recently updated to Andriod 10 and I can't change the accent color via the developer options menu. It doesn't work in dark mode or regular. When I try to change the app shapes, only some of the apps update to the new shape. I dislike the default accent color as well and wanted to change it to something more feminine. But I can't. Especially since most of the galaxy store themes don't work in dark mod . Very frustrating. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Just installed the latest (march) system update on my s10+ and they still haven't fixed it... 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey,

@JustinS1981

Accent color works a little bit on my S9. I was expecting it to change the background color at the top of the developers options interface ect but all it seems to change is the system icons in the app manager. I used orchid so they would be easy to identify.

CLF Screenshot_20200601-061332_Settings.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue here, Galaxy Note9 with the latest update. Icons would change but accent wouldn't.