cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brantendo_64
Constellation

Android 10 beta on galaxy s10s

Anyone here possibly use google messages as their default text app? Or another type of messaging app that stopped working once you've downloaded the beta? My phone wont let me set google messages as my default form for text, only allows me to use the Samsung messages

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Android 10 beta on galaxy s10s

Hello @Brantendo_64 ,

I have the Android 10 beta on my S10+, I have the Android messages app as my texting app...but I had Android messages as my default app before I installed the beta and it was still my default after installing the beta. Have you tried clearing cache and data from Android messages app? Also, uninstalling and then reinstalling the app? 

Brantendo_64
Constellation

I tried the uninstall and reinstall but the clearing the cache worked! Thank you so much!

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Glad to hear it! Sometimes when getting updates, there can be cached data for an app that ends up clashing with an update causing an app to crash or not function properly. So if you have any problems in the future, this is always a great first step to try to get your app working again! 😊 If you wouldn't mind hitting the 'solved solution' on my above post, that would be great!