cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userJWhY9s28sI
Cosmic Ray

Android 10 gesture support on 3rd party launchers??

I'm fresh of the beta and am really wondering when Samsung will allow Android 10 gestures on third party launchers like Action Launcher that natively support Android 10 gestures??

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Android 10 gesture support on 3rd party launchers??

@userJWhY9s28sI apparently this is entirely a Google issue. I have been in contact with support at Nova Launcher and they have no power to fix the issue whatsoever. 

Here is their official statement:

https://help.teslacoilapps.com/faq/gesture-navigation

userNljOdsvaIt
Constellation

This is definitely not a Google issue. Google has updated Android 10 gesture navigation to work with 3rd party launchers as of the Dec security patch. This is definitely a Samsung issue. One that will hopefully be resolved in the very near future!

Samsung Care Ambassador

@userNljOdsvaIt after I updated to Android 10 a couple days ago, I had a very friendly dialogue with a supervisor at Nova. He claims it is still a Google issue to fix, even with the December security patch. Here is a screenshot of the updated message from Nova:20200102_160311.jpg

If you have any additional info, it would be much appreciated! 😁

useredhBRn5kLO
Astronaut

Almost half of the January  and issue is still here 😪

userR8irrMot2S
Astronaut

@VerbumVeritum Unfortunately you may have misunderstood what he said. He's saying that the gestures may not work correctly at times, while in Samsung devices they're completely disabled as of now. We have to wait for Samsung to allow gestures, as after the December security, it's up to the OEM for you to be able to enable them

Highlighted
usersNt2IOrEew
Asteroid

Maybe Nova Launcher said that, but action launcher, as of the December android update, has access to the new gesture controls. Samsung claims it has the new update, but on my s10e action launcher isn't allowed to use the gestures, so it's a samsung thing. 

user2Uwa7zHJpj
Constellation

Nova Launcher said that Google's implementation of gestures was crappy and that they now just allow other launchers to use the gestures. Chris Lacy of Action Launcher said that it required some work. 

Imagine the Chrome team trying to implement the forward gesture. They just can't because of how the Android 10 gestures were implemented Smiley Sad

but yeah, Samsung is in the wrong here.