cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyborgNinja
Asteroid

Android 10 not available on my unlocked S10e (SM-G970U1)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wondering why my phone has not received the Android 10 update yet. Has it been delayed due to problems reported by other users? My carrier is Mint mobile, but the phone was purchased directly from Samsung. My understading is that Samsung should deliver this update to my unlocked phone. Is this correct?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Android 10 not available on my unlocked S10e (SM-G970U1)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung pushes updates in batches you'll get it soon

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try to use other sim card and update it through wifi.

RyborgNinja
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Haven't had a chance to try another SIM. I did try removing mine and updating over WiFi only but that didn't work. If I did use another carrier's SIM to update, wouldn't I end up with the carrier specific update and all their bloatware? or would the software adapt to whatever SIM I put in after?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung pushes updates in batches you'll get it soon

View solution in original post

RyborgNinja
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Received today after a string of security patches went through

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can try a different SIM as @RedDragon  suggested, and if it doesn't work,  try smartswitch. 

RyborgNinja
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried with an AT&T SIM and still nothing. No update available on smart switch either.

Jclare1285
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Question. I have a sprint unlocked Galaxy s10 using it on straight talk. If I were to insert an active sprint sim card using a friend. Would that help me to get updates? I'm still on September security update and have not received an update since.

RyborgNinja
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My guess is that it would push the Sprint update to your phone without issue if you have a Sprint phone that has since been unlocked. I too am stuck on the September 1, 2019 patch.