cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userwVLC00wCk9
Astronaut

Android 10 update, Pop ups not appearing

The Android 10 update came through overnight and since then pop-up notifications on most apps are not coming through as they did. Android message app and Instagram are 2 such apps. Have tried toggling all of the notification settings within the apps itself as well as on the system as a whole and nothing has worked. Tried clearing the cache on insta (as i read it is a fix for pixels) and still nothing. 

8 REPLIES 8
userxPrqFVKa0b
Astronaut

Re: Android 10 update, Pop ups not appearing

I'm having the same issue. It's extremely annoying having to unlock the phone and open messages app just to view a text. My guess is that in a week or so, Samsung will issue another update to fix this.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userwVLC00wCk9 Does this issue still happen when your phone is in safe mode?

userVznxvmqjR3
Constellation

Any solution found to this issue? Extremely annoying. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device since the recent update? Try that and see if that helps any.

The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

Follow these steps:

- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.

useraiQSzmBN3y
Constellation

I am really afraid to try it, will this fix the problem and will it delete any of the data on my phone?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Performing this step is absolutely safe to try and will not delete any data on your device. Doing this will clear any outdated files stored in the cache. It's always good to do this step after every update.

useraiQSzmBN3y
Constellation

but isn't this an issue with the whatsapp and they need to do an update to support android 10 ?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you made sure all apps are up to date? Have you tried reaching out to the Whatsapp developers?