Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Slamor07
Cosmic Ray

Android Updates

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How many android updates are guaranteed for S10e? 

Does Samsung get them out quickly?

Thanks in advance.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Android Updates

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Slamor07 

I'm not sure they actually ever "guarantee" any updates to be clear. I might be wrong, but I don't remember seeing any official statements. The norm is 2 years of support, so 2 major Android releases. Sometimes they support products longer, they will definitely continue to support them with security updates.

How fast we get them is harder to answer however. It depends on what carrier you use, what country you're in and what model you have. I think in most cases Samsung phones get updated about 6-8 months after the full release by Google. And just to be clear, it's not faster or slower than most other manufacturers, except Google themselves.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
1 REPLY 1
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Android Updates

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Slamor07 

I'm not sure they actually ever "guarantee" any updates to be clear. I might be wrong, but I don't remember seeing any official statements. The norm is 2 years of support, so 2 major Android releases. Sometimes they support products longer, they will definitely continue to support them with security updates.

How fast we get them is harder to answer however. It depends on what carrier you use, what country you're in and what model you have. I think in most cases Samsung phones get updated about 6-8 months after the full release by Google. And just to be clear, it's not faster or slower than most other manufacturers, except Google themselves.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1