Original topic:

Android auto Not Working

(Topic created: 03-17-2019 05:31 AM)
userdQqpWU8PFn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I got my new S10plus. Went to my car and my Android auto will not work. Keeps telling me to put my car in park. Mind you this is my third phone on this same car with same headunit(pioneer 4200nex) the past 2 have worked fine. I plugged My S9+ in and it still works fine soooo whats up?

64 Replies
kbcatc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I can't even get the app to open - it crashes the minute I open it. Also annoyed Samsung took away the swipe to call feature from messages. Considering going back to my Note 8 if they don't fix the Android Auto app.
userAvCYWziOQ1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine opens, and looks like it's working-  music works, it shows text message, press > to play message and you get  ****  ongoing dots... you have to say okay google -  read my message...so annoying-  I mean it is a sub-par app anyways-  coming from Ford Sync to this antiquated mess, and now it doesn't even work completely.    Come on!!  Like the OP said  $1000 phone and $25,000 car... it should work

user49NeieRnWb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having the same problem

Options
Galaxy S Phones

have you contact google or car manufacturer for this?

what is the android auto app version?

what is the phone software build number from the settings > about phone > software information?

0 Likes
userOI9LJk33mq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same problem help!!!!!!!
0 Likes
usereXMKJ8zdSt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem- won't read text messages

0 Likes
userDghkCwBfjX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same here message telephone is not responding miss my iPhone all ready 

userHsE13WbMK1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

android auto doesn't work on my Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. I just upgraded from the S9 Plus which it did and still does work fine on, but the S10 plus when plugged into my F150 with Sync 3 says "inserted usb device is not responding". also android auto hangs just trying to start on the S10 and I usually have to force stop it. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling but doesn't change anything. I have also notice the android auto app isn't formatted correctly for the camera cut out on the s10

0 Likes
userHsE13WbMK1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It has been 3 months now and Samsung / Google have not fixed this. Android auto still doesn't work. This is so frustrating. Will anyone ever even respond to this or acknowledge that the issue exists?? We really need. Solution to this problem, so many people are affect by it. If I switch back to my galaxy S9 Plus it works on that device. Very poor service for what I paid for the S10 Plus!