Original topic:

Android auto Not Working

(Topic created: 03-23-2019 05:49 PM)
userdQqpWU8PFn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I got my new S10plus. Went to my car and my Android auto will not work. Keeps telling me to put my car in park. Mind you this is my third phone on this same car with same headunit(pioneer 4200nex) the past 2 have worked fine. I plugged My S9+ in and it still works fine soooo whats up?

64 Replies
userGLg3h1Js2Y
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You have to download android auto from the play store first now idk why Google did that

0 Likes
WarpedTrekker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Won't autolaunch for me at all. It keeps saying "starting Android auto....." and never auto launches. I have to manually launch it each time. I have it set to autolaunch so not sure why it isn't working. My previous S8 phone worked all the time. 

0 Likes
usersKqfOH8fiP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had the same problem, using android auto on the phone.  Try turning off the pocket detection in the settings, it was on for me and when I turned it off android auto started up when connected to my car just as my s8 did. 

joecwong
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks! This solved my mystery/ problem.  I do want this pocket feature to work though now that I know it exists 

0 Likes
setterlee
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a list of issues:

1. The notifications appears once again after dismiss it...

2. The "ok Google" voice command work only in some case

3. The integration with spotify work only after restart the phone. Can't play music with spotify before 

I really miss my iPhone and the Apple Car Play because the voice commands work better than on Google Assistant 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
have you contact google or car manufacturer for this?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

what is the android auto app version?

what is the phone software build number from the settings > about phone > software information?

0 Likes
userdQqpWU8PFn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the newest version of Android auto 4.1.590944. there is only one software build for the S10 version 9 UI 1.1

0 Likes
userAvCYWziOQ1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same here- brand new S10 updated software and fresh install of AA- It worked with my S6 just fine... and no I haven't contacted Google nor the car manufacturer as I was hoping it was a quick little setting in the s10 that I missed
Samsung_ClSRtnR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had to put the parking break for mine to go through I have the s10+.