JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android auto Not Working

(Topic created: 06-18-2019 01:30 PM)
userdQqpWU8PFn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I got my new S10plus. Went to my car and my Android auto will not work. Keeps telling me to put my car in park. Mind you this is my third phone on this same car with same headunit(pioneer 4200nex) the past 2 have worked fine. I plugged My S9+ in and it still works fine soooo whats up?

64 Replies
userepYLlwjh1j
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Pioneer says that Google suggests specific cables, I purchased a cable which was a USB A type to USB C type to eliminate the connector from the extension cable supplied by Pioneer with the unit.  My unit recognizes my phone and android auto loads very rapidly, however after using the Google Play for a few seconds it places a message about stopping the car and reconnecting to Android Auto.  When I do this the same thing happens (usually about 5 to 10 seconds).  However if I clear the cache on the phone using the Settings - Device Care function it will then work for 20 minutes to an hour.  I then repeat the process over again.  Will this get fixed?

0 Likes
userZbxOgwffBe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

They need to catch up better with new products . I have s10 scared to switch phones for this reason thanks.

0 Likes
user2PxZhW5tlC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Fixed!  I was getting a "Android Auto communication error 8" when plugging my phone into my Chevy Intelilink radio.  It said my date and time should match and Google Play Services should be updated.  Time and date were the same, but I could not find a way to update Google Play Service on the Play Store app.  I found a very useful video saying to just go to the Google search bar and type in Google Play Services.  Then click on the Google Play Service icon that comes up.  This will open a window that will allow you to upgrade.  I also made sure Android Auto was deleted from my phone and went to Settings > Apps, scrolled all the way to the bottom and hit Storage, then cleared the cache.  Plugged the phone into my car and followed the steps.  Now it's working.  Hope it stays that way.

userLWmEIDTXKW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Still not working, Google Play Services is up to date

0 Likes
userrG6bC9OKVv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I do have the same issue on my S10 5G and a Korean car. So much frustrated. 

0 Likes
userteBaCpHki4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Got my Galaxy S10+ last week and was really disapointed when I found out that AA is not working as it should be on my Volkswagen Golf VII. At first it just kept saying Connection not possible. Then I cleared the cache and deleted the AA app. Plugged the phone back in with the cable and downloaded the app again. It worked but then I noticed that spotify wasn't working. It just kept saying "loading data" but nothing happened. Also it was stuck in dark mode the whole time. When I unplugged it then and plugged it back into my car it was not working again. 

This is really annoying since I use AA everday. Samsung should really fix this issue. AA still works fine on my Galaxy S7 so I'm using that in the car atm.

0 Likes
Green4512
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

i was going thru the same issue and I was doing research and theres a lime green wire thats connected that you need to cut off and connect the wire to a black wire on your radio

0 Likes
jonjuk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi all, I've made a video of the problem which I hope Samsung will see! There's definitely an issue and it's just with the S10 as my S8 and Huawei P20 Pro work with no problems at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVpRBFvXv2w

Let me know if this is the same/similar thing that you are experiencing too. This is happening on a Peugeot 3008 head unit.

Ahmad Pirani
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My S10+ is ordered directly from Samsung unlocked version. My other phone, Samsung Note 8 connects to Android Auto just fine since 2 years now.

I think this problem may exists only with unlocked S10 ordered directly from Samsung. They may have absolutely forgotten to install some kind of hardware.

Let me know.

0 Likes
userbeOXJOn4dh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

https://youtu.be/PVpRBFvXv2w

Helps for me 👌

And use the parkingstand👍🏻👍🏻

0 Likes