cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evul_Jeenyus
Constellation

Android auto stopped working after security update

It may be a coincidence, but shortly after the latest security update my S10e is no longer recognized by my car (2018 Honda Civic Si). I tried different cables and even did a factory reset but it still won't recognize it at all. 

I was also able to connect an iPhone just fine so I'm pretty sure it's not the head unit in the car. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Android auto stopped working after security update

Have you tried resetting the Network Settings on the phone? This article explains more, (even though it mentions a different type of car). http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01200675/

Evul_Jeenyus
Constellation

Re: Android auto stopped working after security update

I did a complete factory reset, hard reset the infotainment system, and successfully connected with 2 other android devices (Pixel 3, Pixel 3XL), but was still unable to connect. Fortunately, I got it figured out...

For whatever reason, when I connected the USB to the car, it was defaulting the USB to file transfer. As soon as I changed the option to MIDI it started working. Not sure how that setting got changed, but I'm glad I got it figured out. 

Do you know if there's any way to have USB default to MIDI? I went into developer options and changed it, but it still defaults to file transfer.