cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Asteroid

Any other way of getting Popup View window? + Can I customise what Bixby routing icons look like?

Popup View window...

Is there any OTHER way to use, other than press recent used apps and scroll to the app?

On another phone, I can pull down the top menu and choose 'floating window' from there.

I know I'm being lazy... but this is one less click and 0.5 seconds faster to do. πŸ™‚ 

Bixby routing routing icons: can I change these?

They look so dull and boring. The WORST thing is that it can be hard to see if they are on or not.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Cosmic Ray

Re: Any other way of getting Popup View window? + Can I customise what Bixby r..

1. You can set it in a setting (or through Good Lock, I forgot) so that if you swipe down diagonally from top-left of the screen, it becomes pop-up

2. If you download a 3rd party launcher, such as Nova, you can manually change the icons of anything on your screen by pressing down on it and then hitting the icon that pops up
Asteroid

Re: Any other way of getting Popup View window? + Can I customise what Bixby r..

Thanks for the reply. πŸ‘πŸΌ 

1. I couldn't find anything in the settings. Sounds pretty good what you describe.

2. 3rd party launcher. Is that the only way? (I guess it must be else you would have told me. LOL) I would prefer not to install anything extra on the phone. I'll suffer with the current icons if I have to.

Let me know. Thanks. πŸ™‚ 

Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Any other way of getting Popup View window? + Can I customise what Bix..

Okay yeah so

1. The first thing is done through "Multistar" - it's part of a Samsung app called "Good Lock" (available through Galaxy Store). I know you said you don't want to download anything extra on your phone, but this is a must-have if you want to customize your phone further. Sadly, it's only available in few territories such as US. If it shows up for you, download it, and download "Multistar" when you open it (it'll ask you what to download). You can download the extra modules as well

2. The only one other way to get around this is to get Themes or Icon Packs from the Galaxy Store but those icons usually only update the Samsung and Google apps so what you're looking for may not be changeable. Until Samsung supports native icon changes, your best bet is through a 3rd party launcher. You can get around this by creating a "widget" page on your homescreen. The Bixby Routines' icons look more like widgets than apps so it can fit there lol not too many options right now

Asteroid

Re: Re: Any other way of getting Popup View window? + Can I customise what Bix..

Good lock is available

Downloading now

Icons: such a simple think.

Wish teh guys at Samsung would put their thinking hats on.

Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Re: Any other way of getting Popup View window? + Can I customise what..

Yeah Samsung doesn't do it because they want to establish their own icons (like iOS) to the point where you'll be able to distinguish the Samsung icons from Android icons. That plus they want people to use the Galaxy Store to theme. but either way, I think we'll get custom icons in maybe a year or so. also, did it work?