Original topic:

App Provided sound for Message Notifications

(Topic created on: 3/17/19 12:08 PM)
S10-USER
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10

Switched from S7 Edge to S10.

However I noticed that the notification sound has been defaulted and do not have seperate sounds for seperate apps. I tried to change the sounds for each app, but I do not see the option for "App provided sound".

How can we set the notification sounds to what each app has provided like it was available in S7 Edge.

Thanks.App_Sounds.JPG

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userPqh5vwJ95P
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10

This still happens on my new S21.  I used SmartSwitch to move from my old S10 last week.

It's REALLY annoying having the same default notification sound for all of my apps!!   Uninstalling and then reinstalling certain key apps doesn't always fix this issue.   

For example, I want the CNBC app to use its "App provided sound"....but upon uninstalling and reinstalling, it still insists on using my default notification sound....regardless of what I try to do in Settings.

Is it an issue with Android or Samsung One UI?   

0 Likes
userJbW27dR9Qa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10

I got the same issue ....does that resolved ?

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S10

@S10-USER it should automatically set the app to app provided sound, if it has one. If you change off of it there is actually no way to go back.:grinning_face_with_sweat:

VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S10

@S10-USER alternatively you can find the exact sound the app actually makes and download it, or use Zedge, etc to set the sound to the app sound. Roundabout way of doing it but it would work lol. 

S10-USER
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10

Yeah, that would be my final option. I just wanted to check if this was a known issue.

But its  hassle to try and find the sounds for each app lol.

Do you know if any of those sound files are saved in /Sytem folders on my S7??
Is there a way i can copy them & move them to S10 manually?

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S10

@S10-USER doing that would likely be even more complicated than just finding the sounds online, or using an app like Zedge lol. 

S10-USER
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I checked my setting after i switched, and it did not automaticlly set it to app provided sounds.

Every app had "Default Notification Sound" selected.

I havent changed anything at all.

0 Likes
userFem27QwNH8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10

Yes, I see the same here.  This is ridicoulous, you have to re-install all apps you want back the app default sound and make sure you don´t change it or else there is no going back, unless you unistall and then reinstall again!

Robert3301
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S10

I also had the s6 and could use separate notification sounds,now I have the 9+ and note 9 and either one has that option. Great phones either way though.

0 Likes
usercR1n9mfWup
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

I'm having a similar problem except rather than apps that already have a custom sound I want to change the notification sound for separate things like, separate text tones for people, setting apps with their own ringtones. I use Zedge but it only allows you to set it to overall notifications (pic included cause I have no clue how to explain it). I've looked through the settings and the settings within each app and no luck. 

I used to have the Galaxy 8+ and it let me set separate sound for everything! Screenshot_20190507-025453_Zedge.jpg

0 Likes