cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

App badges

Ever since Android updated their OS. The app badge count disappears once you clear the notification. I can have over 100 unread email or text and it will not tell me because as soon as I clear the notification on the notification bar it takes away the badge count. Reason why I chose Samsung is because Samsung builds it on OS intop of android. Can we please get this back?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: App badges

Yes, I just switched from a Huawei to a Galaxy and this is the single largest change that I have trouble dealing with. Having gotten used to relying on those badges for so long (to respond to messages and emails when you have time later on), to have them removed when you clear your notifications, takes a large toll on productivity.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: App badges

I just cannot possibly see how they or whoever decided on this IDIOTIC move can possibly think that this is a good thing and something that makes sense in actually helping us customers enjoy our experience. And the fact that it hasn't been fixed yet boggles my mind even more. Whoever created this insane senseless idea clearly went backwards and downhill on this one. I mean come on now, we are talking COMMON SENSE here. The amount of complaints from so many saying they want the Unread Count feature back to Normal because they are missing alerts, and it is showing no unread alerts When there CLEARLY is unread alerts is insanity on how you guys haven't fixed this yet. I mean come on now, spending easily hundreds or a thousand plus on a phone and to deal with an idiotic, super nonconvenient issue like this, when it actually used to be done correctly before this. And to think that this was actually a change by someone who though this was actually better?!?! Again boggles my mind! Insanity! FIX THIS HUGE PROBLEM ALREADY!!!