Question since I got the S10 phone in April, 4 apps have crashed and they're still in the app issue history. On my Samsung 8 they would be gone within a month but they're still there, how long do they last in history? I have cleared the cache on each one of these apps, haven't had any problems since. Also I have uninstalled and reinstalled each app and it appeared back on the history.
Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?
Follow these steps:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what were deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.
Can you try these steps too?
Enter settings and type "reset", and tap top result. Now reset settings on the phone (don't execute factory reset). After restarting see if it's there. If yes, continue.
You'll need to enter the "app info" screen for settings. You can try searching "settings" whilst in settings, or going to applications to see all apps. Once there you have to clear data+cache for settings. If you used the list view look for another app called "settings storage". Clear data for it and reboot.
I did the app resetting and I had to re install my bluetooth and wifi information. I wiped the cache partition and I disabled the Suggested Apps, however the information is still in Device Care.
My other question is with the 4 apps sitting in my apps issue history, will that cause problems to my phone or not and will they eventually not show.
It's harmless. The list should populate with new entries if additional issues occur. I realized after going thru this post with fresh eyes that device care is a separate entity from the settings app. That's why clearing data for it isn't effective at all.