cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userptqKDkvO9N
Asteroid

Apps do not fit the display

Hi! I have got a new Samsung Galaxy s10, and I have an issue with it. Some apps and browsers do not fit the display. They look bigger than the display especially on the edges of the display and I all the time need to scroll the screen with my fingers to see the contents at the edges and see the whole thing. I have been to several mobile shops and have been changing and setting many settings but the problem is not solved. Is this a technical problem of S10? Or there is a solution for it? Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Apps do not fit the display

Usually when this happens, it is because the apps have not been optimized for use on a mobile device. If you don't mind me asking, which apps are you experiencing this with?

userptqKDkvO9N
Asteroid

There are two apps having this problem. One is my bank app (called Ecster), and another one is Google Chrome. I have the same apps on a tablet and an IPhone 5s and 6s and they work properly. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Try these steps to see ifthey will display correctly:

• Pull down the notification bar and head to Settings (gear-shaped icon near the top right)
  • Tap on Display
  • Select the option labeled Full screen Apps
  • Tap on any app that isn’t full screen, and switch it from Auto to Full Screen
userptqKDkvO9N
Asteroid

Hi! I had done it before, but I again tried it and even restarted the phone, changed the resolution, etc. but the problem still is there. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

Check to see if you do not have desktop mode enabled. As for apps, go to your phone settings and toggle all your apps to full screen display

userptqKDkvO9N
Asteroid

I did so, and problem is still there. All apps full screen, no desktop mode, even hidden front camera, all set. Google Chrome, the Samsung browser, and bank apps do not fit the display. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

@userptqKDkvO9N wrote:

Google Chrome, the Samsung browser, and bank apps do not fit the display. 

For Google Chrome and Samsung browser, is it just a certain site or is it all pages?

Can you check which screen resolution you are using?

Also, do you have anything under Accessibility -> "Visibility enhancements" enabled?

userptqKDkvO9N
Asteroid

For browsers, it is a certain site (BBC news), other pages look fine. screen resolution if FHD+ 2280*1080 (I tried other resolutions as well). Nothing enabled under visibility enhancement. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userptqKDkvO9N wrote:

For browsers, it is a certain site (BBC news), other pages look fine. screen resolution if FHD+ 2280*1080 (I tried other resolutions as well). Nothing enabled under visibility enhancement. 

The only way I can mimic this on the browser is to zoom in using the reverse pinch. But when I change page the zoom is disabled.

Have you tried wiping the cache partition for the S10?