cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Galaxy

Apps location settings for battery life

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was curious if anybody had any findings about the apps that let you adjust a location for example Snapchat, you can set it up where it always has access location or you can set it where only access location while using the app. My question is if you select use only location while using the app does that save on battery life versus always access location? Android 10

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Apps location settings for battery life

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi. I'm not familiar with Snapchat, but if it constantly polls location there should be a difference. Whether it's a marketable one under "while using app" would require strict testing. Though if a service runs location when the device is idle, that could lead to higher idle drain (in theory. 

You can also disable Bluetooth and WiFi scanning on Android phones. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi. I'm not familiar with Snapchat, but if it constantly polls location there should be a difference. Whether it's a marketable one under "while using app" would require strict testing. Though if a service runs location when the device is idle, that could lead to higher idle drain (in theory. 

You can also disable Bluetooth and WiFi scanning on Android phones. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Over the past week i've noticed my battery has been draining fast than usual. Snapchat was my most used app but i didnt get any high battery usage warnings. I was wondering because snapchat is always use location while instagram is use location while using app only by default. I'm trying to isolate the problem and didn't know if the always use location vs only use while app had a lot of data to know either way. Thanks for the response.