cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Apps randomly crashing all day

I have the S10+ and it randomly restarts throughout the day. Apps that I don't use keep popping up saying they're crashing. Whenever I close the notification it just opens up again saying it stopped working. I tried force stopping it and sending feedback back but nothing fixes the issue. It pops up so frequently that I can't use my phone for anything. It's insane how often this is happening

4 REPLIES 4
Product Expert

Re: Apps randomly crashing all day

Hi @userHSjQbt8MWt ,

Is your phone up to date?

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hi @userHSjQbt8MWt ,

please also see the link below.

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/app-crashing/

if this helps mend your issue please select solution and send a like

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello!

I have some troubleshooting steps we can do  I would try to help these symptoms you are experiencing.

First, I would recommend putting the device into safe mode to see if the symptoms continue. Just follow these steps to put your device in safe mode. 

Press and hold the power button until power off, restart, and emergency mode show on screen

Tap and hold on the power off option until it changes to safe mode, then tap on safe mode

The phone will then reboot into safe mode. You will be able to check that it is by a grey transparent box in the bottom left of the screen that says safe mode.

1. Press and hold the power button until power off, restart, and emergency mode show on screen
  2. Tap and hold on the power off option until it changes to safe mode, then tap on safe mode.
  3. The phone will then reboot into safe mode. You will be able to check that it is by a grey transparent box in the bottom left of the screen that says safe mode.

If the symptoms stop, this will let us know that there is a 3rd party app that is causing the symptoms. If it continues to happen, I would recommend wiping the cache partition of the device following these steps.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Let me know if this helped!

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello userHSjQbt8MWt,

I understand your frustration with your apps crashing. In the event clearing the cache does not work as mentioned on this thread- possibly performing a factory reset through the settings if it is a software issue. If the device continues to restart and apps crashing, possibly reach out to 1800 Samsung as it could be a hardware issue and they can guide you to a location to get it tested or repaired if needed!

Hope This Helps!