cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

AptxHD support

Samsug should really enable additional HD bluetooth codecs -- right now its switching to SBC all the time, so poor quality as a result. Crazy that they don't support aptX HD on S10 line -- I have a B&W PX7 with Tidal and really want to unleash the full potential on  bluetooth. They should not treat Android users like ios users, closing down these kind of options on a +€1000 phone 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: AptxHD support

Pipe it through...--lol

Highlighted
Asteroid

There are multiple higher Bluetooth codec options... LDAC and APTX are both included on the S10. LDAC is better than AptX HD as well. If your Bluetooth headset doesn't support a better codec, you can't force a higher one, it doesn't work that way.

Highlighted
Constellation

The headset (Bowlers & Wilkins PX7) supports Aptx (classic, adaptive, HD) but if I select aptX in developer options it changes back to SBC...why is that? I don't have the option to select a codec through the 'regular' bluetooth menu via paired devices so not sure why this happens

Despite the above, still ridiculous that a top-line phone doesn't support AptX HD which is, besides the propietary and more rareley supported LDAC, superior to everything else

Highlighted
Constellation

The AptX codec was a marketing scam. The difference in frequency range between the AptX and SBC codecs is outside the range of hearing for most people. The problem with Bluetooth headphones was never the SBC codec--it was the Bluetooth standard itself. The problem was fixed with Bluetooth 4.1 which allowed for much faster data transfer and eliminated LTE interference. But device makers and tech publications couldn't tell people that shortly after touting AptX so heavily as the savior of Bluetooth sound.

Highlighted
Constellation

The SBC codec is fully capable of playing music in HD.

Highlighted
Constellation

SBC codec is not capable of streaming 24bit/48kHz Hi-res audio. Here in lies the problem for all of us who have the latest Samsung Android phones but wish to stream Hr-res audio from it to another system, be that headphones or in my case a hifi separates system. Smiley Sad

I am on the hunt for a bluetooth 5.0 dongle that supports over 500kbps and is compatible with Android O/S.  Any offers???? Thanks.

Constellation

Samsung shame .... They were not able to bring Aptx HD on phones that cost 1000 euros ... I took my wife a Samsung Note 10, and when he wanted to connect the phone to a Node 2i streamer .... surprise ... there is no Aptx HD codec ..... Samsung shame .... This phone is not a flagship ... I will return the phone and buy a phone that has this codec.