cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JHinOC
Constellation

Audio starts playing as soon Bluetooth headsets are connected - how to stop

Something very annoying started to happen that I cannot find where I might have changed the setting.

I use Jabra Active Elite 65t Bluetooth headsets connected to Samsung S10+ and majority of the times I listen to Audible books.  

Previously,  even when Audible is an active app, when I take out Jabra headsets out of the case and they connect to the phone, nothing plays automatically.  I have to navigate to Audible and press play to start playing the audiobook.  

However, something has changed.  Now when I take out the headsets from the case, within 5 seconds, Audible starts playing through the headsets.  This is very annoying to assume that I want to hear the audiobook instead of making a call or utilize other audio related apps.

Unfortunately I am sure if the setting change, if I unontentionally made it, is within Samsung S10+ Phone Settings, Jabra Sound+ Settings, or Audible Settings.  Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks, John

5 REPLIES 5
Laughingnomad
Cosmic Ray

Re: Audio starts playing as soon Bluetooth headsets are connected - how to stop

I believe that's in the bluetooth setting for the device (eg. Headphones). Or in the actual app that starts playing when connected. (Play when headphones are connected)

JHinOC
Constellation

That's the issue - I can't find any setting in the three areas that controls whether to automatically start playing when the headsets are connected to the phone.

Laughingnomad
Cosmic Ray

I don't know much 😂😂😂🤦🏻‍♂️ Could be a bug

There should be a setting in Audibles that automatically opens or starts when Bluetooth is connected. If you can't find a setting in Audibles you might want to check Bixby Routines to verify that nothing is enabled that is causing it.

Katobar
Astronaut

I have had the same problem lately with my earphones. Whenever I plug them in, Audible automatically starts playing. I keep on loosing my place in the book. This just started recently. I'm not sure if it is audible or Samsung.