cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useroZ5fHcwxNP
Asteroid

Auto Focus Lock (AF/AE Lock) for Front Camera

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please Samsung allow AF/AE Lock (Auto Focus Lock) for the Front Camera just how the rear camera has it. Other phones like the iPhone 6 has AF lock on front camera, so this new phone should also have this feature along with other Samsung phones S7 and above.

(See image for what AF Lock is) You have to press and hold down on a area where you want to Lock Auto Focus on the rear camera setup. This allows for the brightness and focus to lock on your desired setup and prevents the camera from changing brightness and focus automatically when moving the camera.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Auto Focus Lock (AF/AE Lock) for Front Camera

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

rayxis
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

While you're at it: The auto exposure is a nightmare for recording front-facing videos! Why did I spend $1,000 on this phone when it can't do something that a phone that is half the price can do? Oh yeah, I did it for the camera...

useroZ5fHcwxNP
Asteroid

Thank you, I hope this feature will be implicated as it i...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, I hope this feature will be implicated as it is very useful and simple, which should be easy to add.

useroZ5fHcwxNP
Asteroid

I mean I want the Lock on the front camera so it doesn't...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I mean I want the Lock on the front camera so it doesn't constantly focus and change brightness all the time when changing position so I can take good pictures of the sky as well, not just have an all white sky in the photo, which is what auto does as it tries to focus my face and ignore everything else.