cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Auto brightness not dimming when going to darker environment

Ever since the US Unlocked Galaxy S10e was released, the auto brightness has not worked right. When you go from a dark environment to a bright environment, the auto brightness works to bring the screen brightness up. However, it does NOT dim or darken when you go to a darker environment or room while the screen is still on. The only way you can get it to dim is by shutting the screen off and turning it back on again. This is how you can test that it's not dimming down to where it should be in the darker room. This needs to be fixed, it is not working correctly. Model: SM-G970U1 Baseband: G970U1UEU1ASD8 Android Version: 9 Phone service provider: AT&T
12 REPLIES 12
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Auto brightness not dimming when going to darker environment

@trailblazer15 Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone?

@SamsungQue wrote:

@trailblazer15 Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone?

@SamsungQue This seemed to have fixed it! My screen is now dimming properly! Thank you! Also to clarify, my phone is on the April 2019 update, prior to this update the auto brightness didn't work.

@SamsungQue I take that back, it's still happening where the brightness is not turning down automatically

This issue started with my note 9 when they rolled out One UI. Still persits with the s10+

This is still not fixed on the May 2019 update, G970U1UES1ASDB.  Brightness is not always going down, it does sometimes, but sometimes it gets stuck.  This needs to be fixed.  The S10 is way buggier than the S9 was, I regret getting the S10, may look at getting a Pixel.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@trailblazer15 make sure the sensor is not covered.

@RedDragon wrote:

@trailblazer15 make sure the sensor is not covered.

@RedDragon Sensor is not covered. Others have this problem as well.  It's not just me.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@trailblazer15 can yu try pointing the flashlight or any source of bright light on the sensor while you are in adaptive brihness mode? is the screen adjusting itself?

@RedDragon wrote:

@trailblazer15 can yu try pointing the flashlight or any source of bright light on the sensor while you are in adaptive brihness mode? is the screen adjusting itself?

@RedDragon If I point a flash light at it, the screen gets brighter and then stays bright even after it's off.