cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_q2HztnG
Astronaut

Back camera not focusing properly

I have tried everything since I bought the phone 3 weeks ago to try to make the autofocus on objects and my surroundings. I have noticed this issue when I'm taking video recording. I hope this is a software problem, that can be easy fix or I just might have to switch to the new iPhone that's coming out. Please Samsung help me with this issue

5 REPLIES 5
Comet

Long press on Camera app and then tap on App Info then se...

Long press on Camera app and then tap on App Info then select Storage and then tap on clear Cache and see if it fixes the issue. Also try to Wipe Cache Of you phone it fixes some of the issues with apps to do so follow the instruction on the link:

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-37147

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Back camera not focusing properly

@Samsung_q2HztnG 

Have you tried clearing out the camera cache? You can do this by going into settings, apps, search for the camera app, storage, clear cache. if the problem persists try doing a system partition wipe. You can accomplish this by first powering down your device. once your device is powered down completely hold down the power button and volume up button until you boot into the recovery menu once . While in the recovery menu use the volume up and down buttons navigate to the clear cache selection then press your power button to select. Once you clear your cache go ahead and reboot the system

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Back camera not focusing properly

Hey @Samsung_q2HztnG, I hope you're doing well.

As @SJohnson said above, clearing the apps cache might fix it. If you could, please check this and tell me if the issue still persists:

• Press and hold the power button

• press and hold on the Power off button and select Safe Mode.

Please test the camera while in safe mode. This will allow you to know if it's your software or hardware.

Please keep me posted. Take care!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
--galaempress
Asteroid

I have cleared cache on camera and still my rear camera o...

I have cleared cache on camera and still my rear camera on my S10 will not consistently focus. It was fine until a software update a couple months ago.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: I have cleared cache on camera and still my rear camera o...

Hey @--galaempress, have you tried Safe mode? I detailed how to get your device in safe mode in my post above.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador