JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Battery Dies Fast on S10

(Topic created: 04-11-2020 12:37 PM)
TelleyPooh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is anyone else having issues with the battery on the s10? There is no high battery usage shown but my phone does pretty fast. I am not sure if it's from McAfee running in the background or I'm downloading too many themes ( I love my themes). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Samsung_r8Nl512
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ever since I've gotten the phone the phones battery drains overnight and it drains 12 percent less or more

0 Likes
Walk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Could just be a bad phone, or certain apps you have installed, and running in the background, using location, etc.. there are plenty of reasons the battery could be acting like that. Maybe try to factory reset it, and don't install any 3rd party apps for a few days and see if there's any improvement, or take it back to the store and trade it in.. Good Luck!

Samsung_r8Nl512
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you

0 Likes
Bryan321
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I agree with @Walk. You should try this. If it doesn't work then you need to change your battery soon.

Koko_P
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Before factory resetting your phone you may want to wiping your cache partition in Recovery Mode. This will give your apps a "fresh start" without deleting your data or settings. You can clear your app's cache individually but booting into recovery mode and wiping the cache partition is way more efficient. Much success 🖖🏿

Samsung_sH5h4BW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My battery keeps draining while its on the charger

0 Likes
Samsung_vyRlX6i
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Are you using its charger?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I think its a bad charger that also happend to me when i didnt have a good charger

0 Likes
userZEknxH5INA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When purchased new 16 months boasts were made a great the battery life was. Fast forward 16 months , 2 updates by Samsung & new release of S20 and we now have have battery drain very fast. Sounds like somebody is wanting to sell new phones is you ask me. I have not changed any part of the way I use my phone since day 1. I called it phone obsolete replacement for new releases

userxf9qHaVZDM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Since the update my battery life is sub par.  I use to be able to charge my phone once a day and it would last and it only took an hour or so to charge.  Now it takes about 2 hours to charge and phone doesn't last all day.

0 Likes