JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Battery Dies Fast on S10

(Topic created: 06-30-2019 05:29 PM)
TelleyPooh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is anyone else having issues with the battery on the s10? There is no high battery usage shown but my phone does pretty fast. I am not sure if it's from McAfee running in the background or I'm downloading too many themes ( I love my themes). Does anyone have any suggestions?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Batbear
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Phone has been dying quickly and no fast charges work anymore

knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What's the model number for the charger?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Epickly21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
they sent me an omelet charging box with this new replacement phone
0 Likes
Epickly21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I meant Owlet charger box. it's not even samsung
0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Batbear 

What does your Device Manager say draining the battery?

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

BlackOnyx6
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello Batbear,,

-First thing I recommend is going into your nearest Samsung facility or U Break I Fix location to have your device diagnosed and parts replaced if necessary. (Sounds like its time for a hardware or software repair).

For Samsung Care Authorized locations near you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

-monitor whats using your battery by going into settings>device care>Battery>Battery usage (from here you will be able to see how your battery is being used to make adjustments to the way you use your device.

-Always make sure youre using genuine Samsung charger as nongenuine third party chargers will not give your device the proper charge. We call it a "false charger". Your screen will say 100% when really your battery is at like 50-60%.

-Last thing check to make sure fast charging is turned on: settings>device care>battery>Settings> toggle fast charging on and off to make sure the device is acknowledging fast charging ability.

*Also while youre at the Samsung Care facility or U Break I fix location they will be able to determine if its software or hardware. In that instance they will reload your software or inform you what hardware repairs will be necessary. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR DEVICE BEFORE GOING TO THE FACILITY. (Samsung cloud and google cloud/photos or sd card if you have one on hand) 

Hope this was helpful!
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you

0 Likes
useryfx6UicsZf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Of course samsung knows about it, because deliberately does adds hidden battery draining servies to drain your battery out. If it wouldn't how it force you to buy new phones every year?

If samsung improved on software with every update, it would have sold only half of its numbers so far

0 Likes
userF29aj5byAV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Why do you need McAfee antivirus on your smarphone?  Your phone is protected from viruses by your provider. 

Change your performance  or add power saver setting.    Smarphone is not a PC, even if you have computer at house and have WoW provider, they  have antiviruses supported.     

userk0u4uQiih7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Phone companies do not provide virus protection. That's the absolute worst thing to tell someone. If they believe it, then get hacked, it's your fault. Great advice