cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nebula

Battery Full - Lockscreen launch

So I often put my phone on the charging pad around bedtime and I have AOD off at around that time. So I noticed that when my phone hits 100% batt power, the lockscreen is activated and I see brightness and if i am trying to fall asleep, it wakes me up or prevents falling asleep. So i am sure there is a way to keep that lockscreen from activating or from activating during DND maybe? Any suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Battery Full - Lockscreen launch

The only option would be to place your phone face down. Even with the phone powered completely off, when the battery hits 100% the phone will light up to notify you.

Nebula

Interesting. Never charged it face down before. That ligh...

Interesting. Never charged it face down before. That light would still reflect out. Dont want light because that shuts melatonin production down. I do have the blue light filter on though.lol i will send samsung feedback on this one. Need option to keep that screen off.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Interesting. Never charged it face down before. That ligh...

I understand. I have tagged your post on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Both my S10+ and my wife's S9+ charge on the nightstand every night and never once do this.

I would recommend booting into safe mode to see if it stops. To boot in safe mode:

1. Hold down the power button until the on screen buttons appear.
  2. Press and hold the Power off button until it changes to Safe mode
  3. Click the Safe mode button

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey @LongHiker, as @SamsungRei said earlier and as I did on a similar post made by OP, the screen will always turn on when the device reaches 100% charge.

Hopefully this will become an option in the near future. 😃

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Rydah thanks for the correction. I just ran some tests and confirmed that this happens in DND and not in DND. I guess that I never noticed it before. Sleeping too soundly or AOD brightness too low to notice.

I had an LG phone that lit up and chimed when it hit 100% charge whether it was in sound off mode or not. Very annoying.

Samsung_wo2pbWT
Astronaut

I have my phone next to me on the nightstand, but I alway...

I have my phone next to me on the nightstand, but I always lay it face down so even if the screen brightens it doesn't disturb me. I hope this helps. I'm sorry I didn't understand the aod reference.

Nebula

Thanks. AOD means..Always On Display. I have that off dur...

Thanks. AOD means..Always On Display. I have that off during the DND period, but... when fully charged, the lock screen comes on and lights up and says fully charged. The face down xharging is an option I guess.

Nebula

Hard to believe that there is no simple way to keep the s...

Hard to believe that there is no simple way to keep the screen from lighting up while charging esp in DND mode. Samsung needs to work on this one. I see many complaints ab this from older phone users. Now i have spent a lot of time on this and no solution yet.