cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Battery doesn't keep it's charge

All of a sudden my battery won't hold it's charge it drops very quickly even when I'm not using it. I charged it to 100% then went to bed. I wake up and check my phone and the battery is at 68% What the heck!! I didn't even use it!! And I'm the type to do every thing like change the settings to make my battery last longer. So nothing was draining my battery. This is frustrating I loved my phone because it would last me 3 days without charging. Now I have to charge it every day.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Comet

Re: Battery doesn't keep it's charge

Hello@uservMichelle 

You can set a power saving modes on your phone to limit its battery usage and make its charges last longer. There are a few different battery saving options and some tricks for optimizing your device’s battery life.

Give this link a try for some tips and tricks to increase the battery life on your device.

Click Link 

i hope this was helpful.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I've done all the battery saving tips thank you. I also always have my phone on medium power saving mode. Nothing has changed so it's odd that my phone battery is draining so quickly

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm very tech savvy and have done all the minor changes to my phone to save it's battery. It's never been an issue until now. I don't know if it has anything to do with new update.

Highlighted
Astronaut

@mkkim  My brand new Samsung Galaxy s10e is also draining the battery quickly. I have to recharge it at least once during the day. I don't think I use it excessively, surely no more than my old phone (s8) - which held a charge for well over a day. I take phone calls, check my news app 1-2 times/day, some social media 1-2 times/day, email, and some texting. Without any use in a 3.5 hour period, the battery went from 100% to 92%. I use the battery saving settings you referred to, and have most apps in "deep sleep". Is this a defective battery?

Highlighted
Comet

Hello@uservjqoHp3nJz 

First of all, there are several ways to check the battery status. First, disable the location of the phone and check the battery discharge status. (Setting > Location > off) If the symptoms are still the same, turn on safe mode and check the battery discharge status again. If the problem persists, we recommend that you visit your nearest Samsung service center for diagnosis your device.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

https://support.google.com/android/answer/7664692?hl=en

i hope this was helpful.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Hello @uservMichelle ,

This Link gives a couple of methods to try to fix the draining of your battery.

Hope this works.

https://www.technobezz.com/how-to-fix-samsung-galaxy-s10-battery-life-issues/