Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userBISja9Rs39
Asteroid

Bixby Button

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Woke up in the morning and the Bixby button that was remapped to open the camera when pressed once doesn't open the camera anymore although the settings are the same as yesterday! Instead it opens the Bixby app when pressed once OR twice and the app isn't responding at all, to ANYTHING! It's just stuck, can't even scroll downward or refresh, not even able to open the settings from the app itself. It just opens a new window that doesn't respons or work either, can't even enter that window. I tried remapping it to open other apps when pressed once or twice but nothing seems to work. I've deleted the cache from all of the Bixby apps i have on my phone but it didn't help. I don't even use any  of the Bixby apps and it's an enormous inconvenience, it's annoying, so annoying in fact that it's a shame i wasted so much money buying this S10+. Everything i could have disabled in the Bixby settings the second i got this phone i've disabled and everything is still disabled, notifications, alarms and ect. I have no idea if the Bixby got updated at night and if that's the problem.

Screenshot_20190518-083243_One UI Home.jpg

The new window the Bixby opens on it own. It stays like that and doesn't respons.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userBISja9Rs39
Asteroid

Re: Bixby Button

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I remapped it to open Camera so i couldn't uninstall that. I've also tried remapping it to a bunch of different apps and nothing worked.

But i've deleted all the cache from the Bixby apps again and enabled all of the notifications and premissions i've disabled when i first got the phone. and when i've pressed the Bixby button the app run smoothly.

Apparently the app got stuck everytime i tried to open it before because of a stupid message that told me to sign up to Samsung Members. So i signed up and remapped the button again to Camera because i don't use Bixby at all. And now it works fine.

I just don't get why the Bixby button relapsed back to it's original app on its own especially when i saw that in the Settings it was still marked as "press once for Camera and twice for Bixby". But it works now so all is good.

Thanks for trying to help anyway.

5 REPLIES 5
userj2zbq9hWx4
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you try uninstall whatever you used to remap the bixby button?

userBISja9Rs39
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I remapped it to open Camera so i couldn't uninstall that. I've also tried remapping it to a bunch of different apps and nothing worked.

But i've deleted all the cache from the Bixby apps again and enabled all of the notifications and premissions i've disabled when i first got the phone. and when i've pressed the Bixby button the app run smoothly.

Apparently the app got stuck everytime i tried to open it before because of a stupid message that told me to sign up to Samsung Members. So i signed up and remapped the button again to Camera because i don't use Bixby at all. And now it works fine.

I just don't get why the Bixby button relapsed back to it's original app on its own especially when i saw that in the Settings it was still marked as "press once for Camera and twice for Bixby". But it works now so all is good.

Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't think OP used any app, just Bixby's own settings. With that said I do recommend a third party app for this. I use BX Remapper and it works great. I never see anything related to Bixby's on my phone.

"If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. Thanks"
userBISja9Rs39
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, i'll try that! Smiley Happy

Manu-Wan
Cosmic Ray

I had the same issue but cleaning the cache it worked!!!...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue but cleaning the cache it worked!!!

Thanks for the assistance.