cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userbiHcGNme6E
Constellation

Bixby button

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I retasked the bixby button to open an app. I'm using smart Lock. If screen is off and I push bixby button I get a notice that says unlock phone to enable bixby button but on same screen it says phone unlocked by smart Lock (or facial). So if it's unlocked and bixby button needs it to be unlocked to use why doesn't it work. If I tap screen and get to home screen it then works. Any ideas?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Bixby button

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userbiHcGNme6E, I hope you are doing well.

The Bixby key will only work with the device being unlocked and away from the lockscreen. I could agree, if the device is unlocked it should just open whatever app is assigned to it.

Unfortunately this is normal behavior for now but hopefully this can be changed.

I hope this has been helpful to you.

I will ask a moderator to mark this thread as a suggestion for the development team in hopes that this can be applied.

@SamsungAdam or @SamsungCole, can you please mark this thread as a suggestion for the development team?

I hope you have a great day!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userbiHcGNme6E, I hope you are doing well.

The Bixby key will only work with the device being unlocked and away from the lockscreen. I could agree, if the device is unlocked it should just open whatever app is assigned to it.

Unfortunately this is normal behavior for now but hopefully this can be changed.

I hope this has been helpful to you.

I will ask a moderator to mark this thread as a suggestion for the development team in hopes that this can be applied.

@SamsungAdam or @SamsungCole, can you please mark this thread as a suggestion for the development team?

I hope you have a great day!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
userbiHcGNme6E
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

thanks for prompt response, it saved me a lot of time trying to get it to work.